Sunday, April 15, 2012

Okay so I thought I would do a review on Rimmel London Lasting Finish nail varnish and I only have 1 colour so the review may not be very varied. I only bought 1 colour to test it because if I did not like it what was the point. The formulation is not very thick, it is too watery for my liking as it runs down the nail and a collection of polish gathers at the bottom of the nail around the cuticle.  
This is the colour i have 055 sunshine. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the colour it is very bright and great for spring/summer but it takes anywhere between 3-4 coats to get good true to form colour. It takes a long time to dry even with a fast drying top coat. I let the nail polish dry for 3 minutes before I put on a fast drying top coat and let that dry for an extra 2 minutes but even with that the polish didn't dry very well. In total I let the nail polish dry for 10 minutes before i started to do little things and when I typed on my computer they nail varnish smudged. This particular colour is awful at drying but because I disliked it so much I am weary to try another one. However i do have another varnish from this range but I did not call it a colour because it isn't really. 
This is a clear nail varnish with small flecks of glitter in it. It has blue, purple, pink, turquoise and a few other colours and personally I LOVE this one. 500 Disco Ball is MUCH better than the sunshine it lasts a lot longer as it dries within 5 minutes with the fast drying top coat and it is completely dry. I ran an experiment to see how long it would last and I managed to get 6 days out of it which was great. The only downside (and it is a tiny one) is that as it is a clear coat with glitter it takes 2-4 coats to get the nail completely covered with glitter however i put it over black, green and other colours as a top coat and it looks GREAT. 


So overall slightly mixed view I did buy sunshine about 3 months ago and the formulation is horrible however I bought disco ball 1 week ago and I LOVE the formulation so it might have changed but I don't know. I would give 055 sunshine a 3.5/10 but I give Disco ball 8/10 so VERY different views but take from it what you will and enjoy nail painting!


Hayley >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment